Membership of the ASA provides many benefits, most notably having your say in establishing fairer business practices. We work tirelessly on your behalf to improve contractual conditions for subcontractors, working with the Government, industry and wider business community.
What’s In It For Me?
- PPSR– Do you have your tools and equipment covered in case of the principle going under while you’re on site? – What about your financials and terms of credit?
- Legal– Are you aware of the changes to security of payment legislation? Do you know what your rights are regarding getting paid on time?
- Insurance– Are your tools adequately covered? What about your employee’s tools? What about any damage caused while on site by your employees or subcontractors? What about your materials on site?
- Recruitment– Do you need help on a Permanent or casual basis? Do you know the best way to get temporary help and all the legalities of having someone work for you or contract for you?
- WHS– This is a mind field and unless you devote some time to understanding your responsibilities, you’re walking a tightrope. Are you sure you’re doing all that is necessary? It’s all good until someone gets hurt.
- Accounting– Good finance knowledge is essential for budgeting planning and business growth. Are your finances being professionally checked and do you know how to read them to make the right decisions?
- Finance– Are you cash positive? Do you have enough cash to grow or cover yourself in lean times? What happens if you don’t get paid on time?
- Taxation– The Tax office is clamping down on all business and will put you under if you’re not on top of your liabilities with the tax office. Are you?
- Leasing– Do you rent a location, equipment or vehicles. Do you understand the leasing agreement? What happens if they want to recall the lease at short notice?
- Trade Insurance– Would you like to know if the person your working for has a bad credit rating? What if they go into liquidation. Will you get your money that’s owed? You can insure against this!
- Training– Good training will enhance your workforce and save you time and money. Are you trained adequately for the work your doing? Are your licenses up to date? How can you perform better? Are your contractors licenses up to date?
- Contracts– Did you read the last contract your signed? What risks are being passed down by the principle? Are you at risk if something goes wrong? Should a lawyer take a look?
- Unfair Contracts– Do you know the latest legislation regarding unfair contracts and how to identify them?
- Networking– Do you Network and build that important relationship with other trades and service providers. It is proven the right networking is beneficial. What about getting to know your competitors and building on that relationship for your mutual benefit
Other benefits include:
- Exclusive access (and discounts) to member-only events aimed at supporting your business operations
- Networking opportunities
- Access to industry information and updates